How to Take Your Marriage to Another Level - Part 1
Day 1 - Mar 29, 2021
Respect Your Differences
We all view life through different filters depending on our culture, gender, birth order, genetic makeup, and unique history.
A good relationship requires you to stay emotionally connected to your spouse who thinks, feels, and reacts differently, without needing to change or be fixed up.
Day 2 - Mar 30, 2021
Today is a day of action.
- Your goal today is to “Warm Your Partner's Heart”
- Do something that has significant meaning to them. Significance doesn’t have to mean expensive.
Day 3 - Mar 31, 2021
Today is about the Details
- Watch your words, because words carry weight. Are you crushing your spouse with your words? Are you being crushed?
- Say what you mean and mean what you say, without being mean.
Be intentional about making specific positive comments throughout the day.
Like: “I loved the way you used humor to deal with that situation."
- After all, we usually have no trouble being specific about the negative, “Why do you always put to much water in the pasta.”
Day 4 - Apr 1, 2021
Dial Down the Criticism
Critical conversations must take place from time to time in your marriage. But they must be discussed at the proper time and in the proper way.
- Critical conversations have a window of time to be discussed. When the window is closed, its just criticizing.
- Remember this: No one can survive in a marriage (at least not happily) if they feel more judged than admired.
Day 5 - Apr 2, 2021
- Its so simple to say the word, but we must mean it.
- Apologies carries enormous weight when they come from the heart.
- Apologizing does not always mean you are wrong, it just means that you value your marriage more than your ego.